Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 1

Ok I have to find role models of people who are deeply aware of other people but are still confident, meaning they feel as if they are the most important person in the room for themselves.
Well first person that comes to mind is my friend Anna Conlan. Shes an empath and uses it in her work as an intuitive and healer. I know Anna feels things deeply but she has worked on her empath side and doesn't get thrown off centre by people like she used to. So I see her maintaining her confidence.
The second person who is my role model is my friend Red. She is a psychotherapist and healer and even though I'm not sure if technically shes an empath, I know she picks up alot about people but she is able to manage it so that it doesn't throw her off centre. I'm sure when shes in a room she feels like she's the most important person in the room. So she will be my role model.
Now I don't spend as much time with these people as I would like to, being so exhausted but in the dealings I do have Im sure I can observe more about what they do.
I just asked my friend Red if she was an empath and this is what she said
"Yea, I'm an empath.... I do that. . I always see myself as being a part of the other person and the other person being a part of me, and also know that I'm separate and that it belongs to them. If that explains it? When I watch somebody getting hurt on TV, I feel it, but it passes through me, I feel it when somebody tells me about how they've hurt themselve if they've had a cut or surgery and I feel the sensation, but not the pain and it passes through me. I think the bit that helps is letting it pass through like water in a river flowing through and leaving. I don't know how that happens, just that it does.
I don't believe its necessary to be deeply aware of the other people in the room, only the one I'm talking with at the time and when I've finished talking to let it pass through and then meet the next person. Taking on just one person at a time and blocking out the others apart from periphally doesn't take energy.
"
I dont think I do that at all but Im hoping to by the end of 30 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment